[ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 1

TigerHawkB
    Admin
    Admin

Big Brother in UK

Post  TigerHawkB on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:58 am

With plans under way for ID cards and a National Identity Register which costs around 7 billion pounds, a 12.7 billion pounds computer system linking all patient health records in UK, a database of every school-age child, a proposal to store details of every phone call,e-mail and website visit, anti-terror laws used now by councils to spy on rubbish bins and now a policy which requires that all pubs and shops who sell alchool to have CCTV, the UK is starting to transform into a surveillance society under Stasi Labour.
    Britain is becoming a Big Brother society where its citizens are every day being watched. With more than four million CCTV cameras in this country, almost one for every 14 people, UK the only country with the most CCTV cameras in Europe, and maybe in the world.
    Also, the national DNA database which was set up by police to combat crime now holds 3.5 million profiles, many of them being innocent people, thus circumventing a European Court of Rights ruling

George Orwell's 1984 ? George Orwell's Animal farm? I have read both and now I feel like I am a part of them, in fact I am living this.Not only UK is the most watched society, but also it seems that some people are "more equals than others".

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:12 am